MySQL Database Engine
Database engines provide capabilities for MySQL to work with and process data
The two most common Database engines are MyISAM and InnoDB
- MyISAM is a default MySQL engine version earlier than 5.5.5
- InnoDB may be a better choice in many situations.
Here are the few more important differences that must be known to you….
- –> InnoDB supports transactions whereas MyISAM does not.
- –> InnoDB provides support for foreign keys whereas MyISAM does not.
- –> InnoDB is suitable for large databases because it supports transaction, volume whereas –> –> MyISAM is suitable for small projects.
- –> Performance speed of MyISAM is much higher than InnoDB
- –> InnoDB supports row-level locking which means inserting and updating is much faster as compared with MyISAM.
- –>InnoDB supports ACID properties whereas MyISAM does not.
- Conclusion: Finally you will get the few differences on Innodb & MyISAM.